SPOTLIGHT- HTS HOTEL- New Property Effective 16 July --
The Pullman Plaza Hotel
1001 3rd Avenue
* 2 blocks away from former hotel-Holiday Inn. Same Great Downtown Location
* 10 story hotel (formerly it was a Radisson).
* Room keys have coupon for Free Breakfast Buffet for PDT crewmembers/ Drink coupons also given upon check-in. The front desk may offer you a free pay per view movie when you check in. You can inquire if they don’t. Also it's Margarita Night on Friday nights out on the deck by the pool with $1 beers and $3 margaritas!!
* "YES" to both microwaves and a refrigerator in the rooms!
* Pullman Square- across the street then slightly to the left.
Series of Shops/ stores including restaurants, bookstore, Starbucks, souvenir shops and benches for sitting and people watching
* The Red Caboose Souvenir Shop
210 11th street- (Go across street and then walk behind Mack and Dave's Jewelry Store, then turn right and you'll see the Red Caboose.)
-This shop opens daily at 10am. It has great buys on souvenirs and is a nice place to browse if you're bored.
* Jim's Spaghetti & Steaks Restaurant-
920 5th Avenue- (From our hotel: Turn left, go one block to 9th street, turn left. Go two blocks to 5th avenue. You'll see the "Jim's Sign" on your right.)
-This restaurant is known by all in the area and first opened back in 1938. It has excellent spaghetti sauce and extremely hospitable staff.
-Get a real feel for the "old times" as you are waited on by a waitress wearing a white hat, white shoes, white stockings.
-Make sure you have cash. No Credit Cards accepted here.
-Closed Sundays and Mondays. Open daily at 11am. (Tues. thru Sat.)
* RELIGIOUS NEWS- Huntington has many Churches for many different denominations of worship. Hotel is on 3rd avenue. If you walk to 5th avenue and then walk left, you will pass several churches that are located on both 5th and 6th avenues. i.e. Baptist, Episcopal , Catholic. Daily mass for Catholics is at St. Joseph's - located in the 1400 block of 6th Avenue.