CABIN INFORMATION LETTER
TO: ALL FLIGHT ATTENDANTS
DATE: May 7, 2014
SUBJECT: Voluntary Separation Incentive
Voluntary Separation Incentive
As agreed in the new Collective Bargaining Agreement the Company is offering a Voluntary Separation Incentive.
This incentive is available to those flight attendants with thirteen (13) or more years of Flight Attendant seniority from the approved separation date.
The Company is anticipating they will be able to begin releasing those taking the Voluntary Separation starting September 1st.
Depending on the number of people interested in taking the Voluntary Separation the Company may need to stager the dates for those leaving. Please provide your preference of months, if any, for leaving.
Anyone wishing to take advantage of this Voluntary Separation offer must return a completed copy of this form to Inflight Services by June 15th, 2014.
_____ I choose to take the Voluntary Separation Incentive.
Employee # _______Base __________Name ______________________________
______ September 2014 ______ January 2015
______ October 2014 ______ February 2015
______ November 2014 ______ March 2015
______ December 2014
Detailed provisions of this separation agreement are provided below.
New Letter 9
LETTER OF AGREEMENT
PIEDMONT AIRLINES, INC.
in the service of
PIEDMONT AIRLINES, INC.
as represented by
THE ASSOCIATION OF FLIGHT ATTENDANTS—CWA, AFL-CIO
THIS LETTER OF AGREEMENT is made and entered into in accordance with the provisions of the Railway Labor Act, as amended, by and between PIEDMONT AIRLINES, INC. (hereinafter referred to as the “Company”) and the Flight Attendants in the service of the Company, as represented by the ASSOCIATION OF FLIGHT ATTENDANTS-CWA, AFL-CIO (hereinafter referred to as the “Association” or “AFA”).
A. Voluntary Separation Incentive Provisions
1. The Company will offer, no later than thirty (30) days following the ratification of the Tentative Agreement, the Voluntary Separation Program described in this Letter of Agreement.
2. Flight Attendants will have thirty (30) days following the date of the offer, as described in A. 1. above to respond to this offer.
3. A Flight Attendant who accepts the Voluntary Separation offer will forfeit any recall rights she/he may have, and will no longer be considered an active employee and will waive all seniority credit upon any future rehire. However, a Flight Attendant will have fifteen (15) days to rescind her/his acceptance after it is made.
4. Eligibility: A Flight Attendant will be eligible for the Voluntary Separation Incentives so long as she/he has 13 or more years of Flight Attendant seniority at Piedmont Airlines.
5. The Company may stage the separation dates for operational purposes. If so, separation dates will be offered for preferencing, and preferences will be awarded by domicile in seniority order.
6. A Flight Attendant on Leave of Absence or “Inactive” status is eligible to accept the Incentive Offers.
B. Voluntary Separation Package Provisions:
1. Separation Pay: The Flight Attendant will receive $12,500 upon separation from the Company.
2. Medical Benefits: A Flight Attendant who elects to accept the Voluntary Separation offer will be eligible for COBRA at the active employee rate for the first 30 days following separation.
After 30 days, COBRA will be available for purchase for an additional 17 months at full COBRA rates.
3. Travel Pass Benefits: If eligible, the Flight Attendant will receive flight benefits in accordance with US Airways travel policy afforded those who meet the age and years of service requirements. Otherwise, the Flight Attendant will receive 18 months of travel benefits in accordance with US Airways Travel Policy. She/he will receive an additional 6 months of travel benefits (twenty-four (24) months total) if in the 90 days prior to the date of separation from the Company, she/he had no attendance occurrences. During the first 90 days the Flight Attendant will have an active employee boarding priority. After ninety (90) days, for the remaining eligibility period, the Flight Attendant’s boarding priority will be in accordance with the US Airways Travel Policy for Retiree Pass Benefits.